Welcome to St Thomas, United States Virgin Islands
St Thomas Island is home of Charlotte Amalie, the capital of the United States Virgin Islands and the most popular cruise port in the Caribbean. Charlotte Amalie (named for a Danish Queen) is where the ships dock and the white and pastel houses are heavily sprinkled against a background of emerald hills. Colorful sloops dock along the waterfront, and a few steps back, down alleyways lined with old Danish warehouse buildings, is a world-famous shopping center.
When walking around St Thomas, you will see the bustle of Main Street, and cool emerald hills. Look also for the view from Mountain Top. The spiral of winding streets from the base of Savan. The quiet French countryside feeling on the far side of the island. Hoteliers offer accommodations to suit all tastes.
- St Thomas Hotels
- St Thomas Restaurants
- Today, our ethnic diversity has led to a variety of eating options. Sizzling seafood scampi, schnitzels galore, pasta’s tossed with island-grown herbs or Caribbean-caught fish, Danish-style smorgasbords, sushi bars, Cajun crawfish etouffe, chateaubriand and even Peking Duck – you name it, we’ve got it, the Virgin Islands’ rivals many major cities in it’s number of food choices per square mile.
- St Thomas Beaches
- The relatively small size of the islands means that one of its most awe-inspiring natural resources is within easy traveling distance. The beaches routinely rate among the best in the Caribbean, and offer variety unheard of on many islands.
- St Thomas Walking Tour
- Not everyone will have a full day of activity planned when stepping off a cruise ship. Instead a desire to explore St Thomas on foot might appeal. Here is a walking tour through downtown Charlotte Amalie that starts at the Visitors’ Bureau just across from Emancipation Gardens.
- St Thomas Attractions
- From our newest on-island attraction, the Zip Line, to eco tours, aquarium, boat tours and botanical gardens there is more then enough attractions on St Thomas to keep you busy. Most often coming off a cruise ship, or stepping from a plane your going to have to use transportation to get to your destination. It’s highly recommended to arrange the transportation if you want to go beyond our walking tour above before you arrive in St Thomas. Coming by ship, talk with your travel agent or cruise director for transfers. Otherwise, ensure to use licensed Taxi’s.
- St Thomas Shopping
- St Thomas Nightlife
- St Thomas Diving
- St Thomas Sailing
- St Thomas Spas
- St Thomas Taxis
- If your visit to St Thomas will involve more than just the downtown core then ground transportation is a must. While there are rental options, the most efficient option is to get a Taxi. Here you will find typical Taxi Tariff’s (rates) to and from hotels and the airport. Some Taxi’s also operate like a pseudo transit system taking a number of different people or groups from point-to-point.
- St Thomas Weddings
- There are a number of professional wedding planners on St Thomas who help you get as wild as your imagination: they can plan an underwater party on a submarine, or drop you by helicopter on isolated Hans Lollik for a ceremony and champagne toast. They’ll set you up on a private yacht or arrange a dinner dance at a sprawling hilltop villa. It is your special day, leave the work to them and just enjoy!
- St Thomas Real-estate
- Tired of the cold and the snow? Wanting the tropical life? As an American, there’s no better place then the US Virgin Islands. Island life is different, it’s more relaxed!